HOME|CONTACT US|MEMBER LOGIN

 

The Palm Beach Sailing Club is proud to present the launching of a new Adult Sailing Program! These lessons will be conducted in non-capsizable keel boats (23’ Sonars) which comfortably seat up to four adults.

 

The Learn to Sail course is designed to be a comprehensive course designed for students who have never sailed, or those who have sailed and want to sail their own boat, or a Club boat.

 

The lesson schedule is intended to be accommodating to both individuals who are still working as well as those who are retired. It consists of one weekly classroom session for two hours per week, for four weeks, followed EACH WEEK by 3 hours on the water with a maximum of three student and an instructor. The on the water lessons will be carefully structured to support and apply the classroom lesson that week. So, again, each week a classroom session, followed by an on the water session scheduled at a mutually agreeable time. Students will schedule their on the water lessons according to their schedule but most will be done on either a weeknight or a weekend.

 

In the event of a student missing a classroom session they will be allowed to make up that class at a later date without charge.

 

The entire program will run for four weeks and consist of:

  • 8 Hours of Classroom instruction
  • Between 12 Hours of On the Water training
  • 20 hours in total

At the end of this program students will be evaluated to ensure that they are capable of rigging, casting off, tacking, gybing, man overboard procedures, landing on a mooring (without an engine, obviously), de-rigging. If a student fails this course we will continue to give lessons until they are able to pass it.

 

Graduates will receive a complimentary 35 day membership to the Palm Beach Sailing Club to hone their skills, and hopefully fall in love with our beautiful sailing club!

 

Cost of the entire program: $649.

 

Sonar sailboatASA 101 Certification is also available for a modest additional cost.

 

Members of the PBSC get a 10% discount. Two members of the same family taking the course together get a 10%; if members an additional 10%, for a total of 20% off.

 

Non-Members, upon passing the final evaluation, will receive a 35-day membership to the PBSC.

 

Please contact the PBSC office to indicate interest. Questions can be direct toward our Chief Adult Sailing Instructor and Fleet Co-Captain, Fred deNapoli at phredden304@gmail.com or 617-240-1820.


Student may simply bring checks made payable to the PBSC the night of the first classroom session, or they can call the office and leave a credit card number.