COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
The Palm Beach Sailing Club is dedicated to the safety of our members and guest sailors during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. To ensure everyone's safety, the following rules must be followed:
- Campers will be given a PBSC buff to wear throughout the camp. It is required that a buff or face mask be worn for all on land interactions by both coaches and campers. Additionally campers in double handed boats must keep their buffs on on the water.
- Upon arrival, campers will have their temperature taken and will sanitize their hands.
- Campers will be kept in groups of 6-8 sailors plus their coach. They are to remain with their group on land and on water.
- Each camper will be assigned a boat and a rig. Campers are not to touch boats or rigs that don't belong to them. The boats will be laid out in a manner that keeps appropriate distance between campers while rigging.
- If there are muliple groups that need to rig, the coaches will set a schedule and campers are to rig in that time period so that campers can get out on the water.
- On land activities like chalk talks and lunch will be done with proper social distancing in mind and chairs and equipment will be sanitized between groups.
- When leaving the water, campers will line their boats up so that coaches can hose off the boats.
- No horseplay or wrestling allowed.
- There will be several hand sanitizer stations located around the property and the campers are asked to make frequent use of them.
- PBSC asks that if a camper or a camper's family member is not feeling well that they stay home and alert the Head Coach.
- PBSC also asks that families alert us immediately if there has been a possible exposure to the virus by the camper or the camper's immediate family.